Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Starting the game

We were asked to build a game within second life I decided to build a pong game.
To start I built a skybox in this I will build my game I made a box and changed the size in the edit panel to make it flat a long this will be the base of my skybox


I used the X,Y and Z Size to get a even spread.


I then applied a texture so I can identify my box easier and it looks better than a plain box.



This is the final result of of building and texturing the box.






I than added 4 other walls on the box and moved them all into place using the X,Y and Z Position in the edit tab to get the box to join as best as possible.




I then made a lobby where people will be teleported into the game after I put the top of the box on and you will no longer be able to fly inside.
I made a red box for the red paddle and a blue box for the blue paddle clicking on these will teleport you into the paddle for game play, I also added another box when you touch it it will give you basic instructions on how the game will be played. I had to put in a code to get the box to message you I had to add a script to it this is a very basic script the code I have written is not going to announce the message to the entire area this saves spam being played every time someone wants to check the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment